Here we are a week before the Solstice. Recent days have found me with the urge to sit on the couch eating bonbons or stare into my fire, watching it burn. I've been wanting to curl up with my loved ones, and eat comfort food. Sound familiar? If you are struggling with a To-Do list this season, here is a list of my own you can substitute. Because, frankly, it's the 11th hour of the year and you've probably already DONE what's important. It's time for a little rest!
This season often brings us a case of the blues and the "busys." Perhaps we fear that if we don't stay busy, we will feel blue. We are caught in the cross hairs of feeling driven when we need to hibernate. In this case, culture is not helping nature, so let's listen to nature.
The solstice, for me, is a re-set button. A spiritual re-boot. So why are we so busy right before pressing the re-boot button? This time when the light is low can make us feel "low." Holidays are a time when a lot of people exit their lives. Statistically, December is a month when we can often lose loved ones. It is the last month of the year and the time of less light and shorter days, so according to nature it is a time to actually DO less. It is also a time of deep contemplation, which can feel a bit somber to us, emotionally.
Our culture doesn't teach us to relax and review. It tells us to be productive and active. When we choose to relax near the solstice, a cleansing occurs. Unbidden, feelings and thoughts can rise up. We may feel sorrow over loss or past influences. Guilt may creep up about how we handled something this year. Our mood can match the lower energy and we feel a bit "darker."
Self criticism colors our thoughts. What we HAVEN'T done becomes bigger than what we've accomplished. So here is my short list of what to do a week before the solstice. And it is all pretty much one-note: CLEAN, RELEASE, CLEAR! (Ahem, make way for the new stuff just around the corner :-)
* Pardon yourself for NOT achieving a goal. We grow during the year and, my dear, you have GROWN! This is practical. When we're cooking and drop a bit on the floor we don't fret, but we often feel remorse about the idealistic "goal that got away." Consider this: what if the list you made for yourself this year became obsolete part way through? You are a smart cookie capable of recognizing a dead end. Trust your instincts. What you DIDN'T do was NOT vital for you to do. The beauty of life is we grow and change as a result of living. This means course adjustments are normal and recommended! Let go of things you decided not to pursue or DO. You probably didn't need to DO them anyway. Trust how you handled your life this year.
* Forgive relationships that did not work out. Use the Hawaiian prayer, "I love you, I'm sorry, Please Forgive me, Thank You," and allow it to wash away any guilt residue from your thoughts of that situation especially if you've done everything you could to clean your side of the street. Sometimes you learn what you need to, and it's time to move on. No failure there!
* Release Your Old Wish Lists.You can even burn these babies while enjoying a pre-solstice winter fire. Great thing to do on the waning moon. Get rid of old expectations weighing you down. If there was missing information you have been searching for, the solstice will inject that information. For now, let go!
* Feel Gratitude for this year. We are leaving a major lesson behind this year, representative of the past 3 years. Please Take This In. We just completed a transit of learning. Saturn in Sagittarius is leaving us after depositing a 3 year lesson in our belief system, our sense of morality, our philosophy, and our ability to feel the fire of conviction. For the past 3 years this Sagitarius lesson has scoured a part of your chart (aka your life), and this week you need to majorly congratulate you for emerging from this scouring. Feel gratitude for the all new YOU coming out of this year. Congratulations! You just graduated with honors.
* Celebrate! This one is easy, but not if you are pressuring yourself, or feeling guilty. Don't use this last bit of December to cram in completions that are now obsolete. This is a waning phase and it is time to rest, relax, contemplate, and appreciate that complicated navel of yours.
Soon, the solstice will hit your RESET button and away you'll go planning new plans, making new deals, meeting new people, and writing new wish lists. For this week, cuddle up with your bonbons, hugs, and enjoy all you've created and who you've become.
Get more intuitive insight at www.tamarachilds.com
Follow me on Bloglovin'!